CONSULTATION STEPS TO MAKING AN INFORMED DECISION
STEP 1-PHONE CONSULTATION (30 MINUTES)
Your experience with Remodelers of Houston begins with a personal phone call. We will ask a series of questions to understand your needs, background information, and listen to your ideas and problems. We highly suggest a review of our website before our first meeting/consultation which will greatly help in determining if our single-source start to finish design build process meets your needs. If Remodelers of Houston can be of service, then an appointment will be set to meet you at your home or project site. An agenda for the meeting will be sent via email.
STEP 2-HOME OR PROJECT SITE CONSULTATION (1 ½ HOURS)
We want to learn more about you and your family, how you live and use your home, listen to the key problems, and discuss what makes sense to invest in your home to make it function, feel, and look the way you want. The format for the meeting is as follows:
- Tour of your home or project site with input from you as to problem areas and changes
- A time for questions and discussions of the project:
- What is working and not working and how is it impacting your life/lives
- What do you see as solutions based on cost priorities “needs-wants-wishes”
- What are the requirements for the right contractor?
- Do I understand the Remodelers of Houston Design-Build process using 3-D modeling and is this the best path for my project?
- Is my investment range in line with what I want to do? If not am I able to prioritize or stage the work. Do I stay and invest or move?
- What do you need to see or hear from us to make an informed decision?
From what I have seen, heard, read, and from interviews with other contractors, am I interested in discussing the next step which will involve a “yes or no” decision at the end of that meeting.
STEP 3-VISIT TO OUR OFFICE (1 HOUR)
To separate ourselves, it is important to help identify Remodelers of Houston as an established trustworthy company. Meeting our staff, looking at our operations, understanding our unique design presentation, and continuing the building of trust, respect, and openness is necessary in order to select a contractor. The format for this meeting is:
- A brief tour of our spaces to demonstrate how we operate and function.
- Illustrate our 3-D design modeling program and discuss its usefulness
- Discuss our design fees and agreement and fixed fee construction contract
- Discuss and answer any questions or concerns. Look at similar projects
AT THE END OF OUR MEETING, WE ASK THE CLIENT TO BE HONEST REGARDING USING OUR SERVICES. WE UNDERSTAND WE ARE NOT FOR EVERYONE. WE KNOW THAT IF YOU ARE NOT 100% CONVINCED BY THIS TIME, WE PROBABLY ARE NOT THE BEST MATCH AND A NO IS ACCEPTABLE AND WELCOMED BY US. ON THE OTHER HAND IF YOU FEEL WE OFFER THE BEST PATH AND HAVE GAINED YOUR TRUST AND RESPECT, THEN LETS BEGIN THE JOURNEY AND SIGN A DESIGN AGREEMENT.