This master suite addition project won a 2016 Houston’s Best Prism Award in the category of Home Addition over $150,000 and Texas Association of Builders 2016 Star Award in the category of Best Addition between $100,000- $250,000.
The owners of this home have two children and one on the way. They wanted a second story master suite in their single story home allowing them to move their master bedroom from the first level freeing up an extra bedroom for their child.
Some features of this master suite addition project located in Briargrove are:
- Separate spacious shower stall with frameless glass, rain head and shower bench (marble flooring laid in herringbone pattern, marble top bench, subway tile on walls)
- Separate tub area with freestanding tub with floor mounted tub filler, separate toilet area
- Hardwood flooring in Master bedroom and study, marble flooring in bathroom laid in brick pattern
- Beadboard wainscoting in bathroom adds character
- Double undermount sinks with stone countertop and additional separate vanity area
- Study /office off of master
- New Hurd windows, highly energy efficient with lifetime warranty
- Walk-in closet with built-in cabinetry, shelving and hanging racks. Additional storage behind walls in eaves.
- Crown molding installed though-out second floor
- LED recessed can lighting in bedroom and sconces in the bathroom