This West University master bedroom suite addition project is a 2017 Houston’s Best Prism Award Texas Association of Builders 2017 Star Awards Finalist in the category of Remodeler – Best Addition -$100K – $250K. The owners original single story garage was demolished and a new two story, 2 car garage was constructed to create a master bedroom, master bath and walk in closet with an interior stairwell that leads to the main house on the second floor. An addition extension was done to the main house to enlarge a guest bedroom and a new adjoining guest bathroom.
Additional features of this project:
- Spacious master bedroom suite created above new garage includes tray ceiling, recessed lighting and custom built in cabinetry and walk in closet.
- Adjoining modern master bath is crisp and clean, warm and inviting with its elegant marble countertops, floor and lantern shape marble backsplash tile.
- Marble “wainscoting” with lantern style marble tile border and gloss wall cap.
- Mater bath has a frameless glass shower with honed cut 6×12 marble tile on walls, a pebble stone tile floor, rain showerhead, and handheld shower fixture.
- Drop in whirlpool with cabinet surround with access panel for repairs.
- A large tilting mirror, a simple and unique feature provides both a modern and traditional feel.
- Interior first hallway connecting the main house with the addition functions as a mudroom with back entry and has built in bench and storage cubbies and interior staircase leading to the master suite.
- Added an extension to create a new larger guest bedroom in the main part of the house and a new adjoining private guest bathroom. The guest bathroom walls have wainscoting; marble tile laid in a herringbone pattern, a honed pebble river stone shower floor and glass mosaic subway tile shower walls.
- An existing hall bathroom was also remodeled.
- New 2 car garage with laundry/utility room on first floor replaces old unusable garage carport and patio.