West Lawn Terrace Houston Addition Project
This West Lawn Terrace Houston addition – master bedroom suite and family room project is a Texas Association of Builders 2017 Star Awards Finalist in the category of Remodeler – Best Addition -$250K – $500K.
The owners of this Craftsman style 1930’s bungalow desired to add a second story for a master bedroom suite. A spacious master bedroom with sitting area, two walk-in closets, large master bathroom with two vanities and custom make-up vanity, garden tub and large shower was created. The kitchen was opened to the family room. The old family room addition was demolished and rebuilt. There was a lot of work that needed to be done due to the age of the home such as reframing all window and doors as well as repair to the exterior brick.
Additional features of this project:
- New full master suite upstairs includes large master bedroom with His and Her walk in closets and sitting area.
- Master bathroom has a frameless glass shower with built in bench, storage nook for linens and hamper
- Master bath has garden tub with Carrara honed marble surround and windows above to bring in natural light
- Double vanity with Carrara honed marble countertop and attached custom makeup vanity. We hard wired sconces on top of mirror for more elegant look.
- Addition of a private commode area.
- Additionally remodeled the hall bath with a unique concrete custom floor tile and relocation of Powder room.
- Remodeled kitchen added spacious 32 sq ft island with wine cooler and seating and Carrara marble honed countertops. Shaker style white cabinets with restoration hardware cabinet fixtures.
- The exterior façade was repaired and restored added slurry finish to painted brick.
- Installed new red oak flooring wide plank medium stained throughout home.
- New constructed family room with 2 sets of Fiberglass French doors leading to yard.